Monday, February 12, 2007

Billy Graham

...wrote a message to me on my space. This is what myspace does - strangers become "friends." I am now "friends" with the likes of Zach Braff (of Scrubs fame), Chris Tomlin, Derek Weber (musicians), and yes, you guessed it, Billy Graham.

Background to joining myspace: I was a member and didn't even realize it. That is, until a friend pointed it out and invited me to be his 'friend.' I looked, and lo and behold, there I was. Disturbing. I don't ever remember signing up. What was more strange was the only thing written on the site about me when I took a look: "Doesn't want to have kids." Who could've written this horrible distortion of the truth?

Well. I snooped around and saw that a few of my friends had not put up a profile either - and the default posting seemed to be "doesn't ever want to have kids" as well. I'm guessing it's probably a ploy by myspace to get people to upload their space with the correct information. Cause who doesn't want to have kids? and even if you didn't, why would you want to broadcast it to the whole myspace world?

I am addicted to myspace, btw. All of 5 days it took me to get addicted to something other than facebook...I think it's my way of making up for the lack of socializing of late.

yeah, pretty pathetic...but oh-so fun. :)

No comments: