Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Be Green.

My mom told me today. It was so cute. At first I thought she was make a reference to Kermit the frog; or I that maybe her being in Southern California had finally done a number on her outlook on things...but no, she was referring to this passage below which I found on today's Biblegateway verse of the day:

“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”- Jeremiah 17:7-8

I needed to see this today. It spoke directly to my situation. Directly.
It's funny how difficult it is to 'prove' God speaks - that He performs miracles all the time. Because only He would understand the significance of this verse at this particular moment in time. The combination of the chastisement, encouragement, hope, food for thought that I needed...it's quite remarkable.

No comments: