Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What do Mother's Day, Martha Stewart and my nephew have in common...?









As the previous photos hint, I spent Mother's Day weekend with my nephew, sister and brother-in-law in the Big Apple. It was mahvelous...the photos from previous posts were taken during their time here. But what I didn't share is the random, but interesting things we did together...

Yes, yes, this is the 6th time (at least), that I have either mentioned or shown photos of my nephew. I'm becoming one of those obsessively doting aunties that every little child dreads by the time they are 5. He doesn't seem to mind the attention yet, but then again, this little kiddo is the most sweet-tempered, gentle and happy child I've ever encountered.

I love this kid. And he's not even mine, but people out there, seriously, there is a chemical bond or some kind of 'thing' that little babies emit through their smile, their touch and smell...once you are hooked, that's it. You know the child will be a part of you forever. aah...! He has been such a source of joy to our family.

Ok, enough already. Here is a little summary of our excursion in the Big Apple with photos to boot (above).

Central Park Zoo, where we saw the seals being fed and polar bears, the cutest animals, ever. I could watch them for hours...

Apple Store, where we took our family photo using their nifty Photobooth software (see blog 5.12)...emailing it to our mom just in time for Mother's Day.

Visits to a couple of little restaurants.

and finally, the Martha Stewart show, where my sister managed to get tickets weeks prior and decided to take me along. Quite an interesting phenomenon Martha is, I must say...

now it's back to the books.

No comments: