Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Titles from the Top 500 Country Music Songs

I was trying to think of songs to add to Becky's list of songs with "red" in them and came across this list of country music songs on the net. Too funny not to share. I'm sure there are more where this came from. Please feel free to add on ones you know...I love this stuff.

I think my fav must be, "You've got the money, I've got the time," though "Six Pack Summer" is a close second.

127 "Lonesome On'ry and Mean" - Waylon Jennings
124 "Orange Blossom Special" - Johnny Cash
123 "Take This Job and Shove It" - Johnny Paycheck
121 "Chattahoochie" - Alan Jackson
120 "Rose Garden (aka I Never Promised You A Rose Garden)" - Lynn Anderson
119 "You Never Even Called Me By My Name" - David Allen Coe
118 "Why Don't Ya Love Me" - Hank Williams, Sr.
117 "Country Bumpkin" - Cal Smith
110 "If You've Got The Money, I've Got The Time" - Lefty Frizzell
107 "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way?" - Waylon Jennings
106 "Lookin' At The World Through a Windshield" - Del Reeves
105 "A Thousand Miles From Nowhere" - Dwight Yoakam
104 "Walkin' After Midnight" - Patsy Cline
101 "Giddyup Go" - Red Sovine
498 "What's Forever For" - Michael Martin Murphey
497 "I Don't Call Him Daddy" - Doug Supernaw
496 "I Let Her Lie" - Daryle Singletary
495 "Little Red Rodeo" - Collin Raye
494 "If Bubba Can Dance (I Can Too)" - Shenandoah
487 "Old Enough To Know Better" - Wade Hayes
486 "Single White Female" - Chely Wright
484 "What Kind of Fool Do You Think I Am" - Lee Roy Parnell
483 "She'd Give Anything" - Boy Howdy
482 "I'm Not Strong Enough To Say No" - BlackHawk
481 "My Home's In Alabama" - Alabama
480 "Cowboy Take Me Away" - Dixie Chicks
479 "One Way Ticket" - LeAnn Rimes
478 "Pickup Man" - Joe Diffie
477 "Born To Fly" - Sara Evans
476 "Every Which Way But Loose" - Eddie Rabbitt
475 "Love a Little Stronger" - Diamond Rio
474 "Not On Your Love" - Jeff Carson
469 "My Strongest Weakness" - Wynonna
468 "Six Pack Summer" - Phil Vassar
467 "Someone Else's Star" - Bryan White
466 "A Little Less Talk" - Toby Keith
464 "Prayin' For Daylight" - Rascal Flatts
463 "Smoke Rings in the Dark" - Gary Allan
462 "Carlene" - Phil Vassar
461 "Drive South" - Suzy Bogguss
460 "Who Needs Pictures" - Brad Paisley
459 "Fishin' In The Dark" - Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
456 "You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma" - David Frizzell & Shelly West

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say I know at least half of these listed, and what's more, "Fishin' in the Dark" by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is one of my favourite country songs of all time.